[Asterisk-Users] IAX clients and the flash button

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Nov 5 08:36:28 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 08:32, Dan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > ..
> > But due to allot of systems needing the # we have disabled it here in our
> Asterisk system.  The # key is used for pagers and other calls.  That is why
> we would like to get a flash key!
>
> I don't think is implemented in the library..:(
>

> > By the way the sound is better with DIAX then with Xten lite!  Great job
> can't wait for your updates!
>
> This is not my merit... I just use the library provided by Mark...:-)
>
> Anyway, I wait for your feedback in order to solve as many bugs as possible
> in the next release.

Dan, Ariel is asking you to attack this problem incorrectly. You are
correct that there doesn't seem to be a flash function in IAX. There
doesn't need to be a flash function as you can signal out of band.
Specifically for transfer there is these IAX_FRAME_IAX subclasses;
#define IAX_COMMAND_TXREQ       22      /* Transfer Request */
#define IAX_COMMAND_TXCNT       23      /* Transfer Connect */
#define IAX_COMMAND_TXACC       24      /* Transfer Accepted */
#define IAX_COMMAND_TXREADY     25      /* Transfer ready */
#define IAX_COMMAND_TXREL       26      /* Transfer release */
#define IAX_COMMAND_TXREJ       27      /* Transfer reject */

This means you just need to make a software transfer button.

Of course while your at it, you might want to look into the three way
calling functions, and any other calling functions that might need to be
added that would otherwise be used by flash hooking a zap channel.

Hope this helps.