[Asterisk-Users] IAX clients and the flash button

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Wed Nov 5 09:36:45 MST 2003

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 09:36:28 -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 08:32, Dan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> > ..
>> > But due to allot of systems needing the # we have disabled it here in our
>> Asterisk system.  The # key is used for pagers and other calls.  That is why
>> we would like to get a flash key!

Might I make a suggestion here....

Most win users, who are in a residential enviroment can get terribly
confused with multiline phones and such...

Whilst thigs like call transfer, call waiting, dirversion and such is
becoming much more common, many users really just don't need it.

So if at all possible, how about a default option of the program being
just a single line device, with the option of turning the extra's on
etc.

I would luv to be able to distribute DIAX (or any program similar) as a
self extracting archive where we have already added a basic config file
for the individual user so they really don't need any knowledge what so
ever to run it... its just a plug in an go operation for them.

Having said that, it would also be nice to have some sort of interface
via a web page which they could access within the program (being an
individual page based upon their login details.

over remember the KISS principle please.

Gary