[Asterisk-Users] Flash hook -> SIP device

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Nov 4 15:30:44 MST 2003

>Hi there
>
>I have a Welltech Wellgate SIP device and I want to be able to do a
>supervised transfer. I've read that in order to do that I have to
>use flash hook. The problem is just that I can't flash hook with
>this device.
>
>I'm in contact with the developer of the SIP device but don't know
>what to tell him in order to get him to fix this.
>What is happening when you flash hook, I mean how does Asterisk see
>and handle this? What should the SIP device send to Asterisk so it
>works properly?
>
>regards
>Mickey Binder

Mickey -
   Flashhook events are transmitted as either RFC2833 events or SIP
INFO events.  The people at Welltech should have that information in
front of them, if they claim to be SIP programmers.  I'm still
waiting for my SIP image for the 3701A 1-FXO/1-FXS box... they
claimed that they would have that back in April.

RFC2833 method:
http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2833/Output/index.html

INFO method:
http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2976/Output/index.html