[Asterisk-Users] Best or any VoIP provider that works with *?

Robert Mann asterisk at easyway.com
Tue Nov 4 12:33:43 MST 2003

Suggestions on a VoIP provider that works with *?

I know there is vonage.com but have read numerous bad things about their agreement and that you don't get a username and password from them rather a preconfigured Cisco ATA 186 that you are not allowed to get in to.  Top most being you have to use a X100P with them to work with * which in my mind is just too many links in that chain.

I have heard about Packet8 but would like to hear from people whether it works with * or not and any hurdles you may have faced to make it work.

I would prefer a solution that did not tie up a X100P port if possible as that just means there is one more point of failure.

The thought of unlimited nationwide calling is of big interest to me and others I am sure and I would like to know how others are handling it on their end.

If you have a suggestion and possibly a sample of your configuration that works with the provider that would help a lot of us here as well.

Thank you...

-Robert