[Asterisk-Users] 2 4-port T1 cards

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Wed May 28 14:43:35 MST 2003

Just my 2 cent here...

I noticed that mysql need to be fine tuned for the work it must
do. We have a mysql server that's a backend for a ecommerce
website, a backend for user tracking, backed for an ads engine,
backend for snort, backend for other 6 sites running with
phpnuke. 2 of these sites gets 2000+ unique visitors/day.
The banner engine provides 'about 70k impressions/day (the ads
db grows 250 megs/week, more or less).
All running on a dual P3 733 , raid-5 scsi , 1.2Gb ram .

First times , under the peaks of web traffic, we experienced
some probs with mysql slowering down the server a lot.
But with some patience, tests and fine tuning into my.cnf
we now have a very stable and reliable system that runs
with no probs.

what I mean is that the default install is not always a
good thing to choose. tweak it down, and you're done.

Matteo.