[Asterisk-Users] 2 4-port T1 cards

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Wed May 28 15:52:52 MST 2003

On 28 May 2003, Steven Critchfield waxed:

8<'s

> While I'm on the postgres bandwagon for now, I wouldn't want it in the
> middle of a phone system doing heavy call loads either. Postgres also
> has some downsides too. As I understand it, postgres doesn't understand
> prepared statements, or at least it doesn't via the perl DBI. Regardless
> I've seen our postgres database eat +2600 updates in under 2 seconds
> from a remote host on the same exact hardware that mysql choked on and
> not cause any degredation of access times for any other user.

I've been using my own PostgreSQL CDR backend -- patches submitted --
without a hitch for months now, peak load is ~1000 calls/hr.  The
server, an Athlon XP1800+ w/256MB and a 40gig IDE HD, also serves up
data for a calling card service with PGSQL, and hosts 3-6 clients for data
entry.  Up for 100+ days.  I was going to put * on it, too ;)

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.2, but 7.3 does provide for PREPARE'd queries
on a per-connection basis, although they are dropped after the
connection is closed and I'm not sure what fancy footwork Perl-DBI does.

--Chris

ps. While on this thread, I'm attaching my PG CDR patches again.

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
0xC0051F6A