[Asterisk-Users] FAX and Data support in asterisk......?

denzel at infotechs.lk denzel at infotechs.lk
Tue May 27 05:10:26 MST 2003

Hi All,

What the support that asterisk has to send/receive Faxes? Can I plug a FAX
machine in the a FXS extension and send out Faxes? What's the codec I need
to use? g.711? Also can we receive a FAX into a FXS extension in Asterisk
PBX?

Also I need to know if we can send/receive FSK data from/to an extension
plugged into Asterisk PBX? For example if there's a phone model which can
send text/images to another phone of the same kind, can they sit on FXS
extension of Asterisk and do the same thing? If yes, what's the codec that
needs to use?

Also can we set it up to support one codec for Voice and another codec for
Data?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Denzel