[Asterisk-Users] DECT and Asterisk...

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sat May 24 23:52:34 MST 2003

Hi Gary,

> Of course each system would have to be in parallel and be able to pass
> the call to adjacent system....
With usual (standard) DECT phones (GAP compliant) you cannot roam between
bases... or not during a call...
You cannot put 2 bases on the same line. The base can be selected
automatically or manual, but this does not means roaming.
I do not know the Ericsson model you talk about, but for sure with all I
have seen before you cannot.

I think that the best (and cheaper) option is to use cheap dect phones (not
GAP compiants, no answering machine, just with CallerID), each with his own
base connected to Asterisk on a separate line.
This is my setup now. Then you can have a lot more flexibily than with a
DECT base with let say 6 handsets registered to it. You can ring the phones
independently, call between them and have separate voicemail for each of
them (and many more)..

BR,
Dan