[Asterisk-Users] DECT and Asterisk...

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Sat May 24 17:17:06 MST 2003

Hi folks,

The recent mention of DECT on this list has got me thinking.......
(yeah dangerours!)

I have very little experience/knowledge with DECT and mainly where I
have seen it used in a multibase base situation where handoff between
bases occurr. This has been and ericsson system used as an adjuct to an
ericsson pbx on a large multistorey property.

If I remember correctly the bases are fed 2 x BRI links to provide 4
channel capability and I think the bases are just fed in parallel.

Now the thought I have is what if various bases were actually linked
via Asterisk ? yes it would mean that in the ericsson case we would
need to run as the CO end of the S-bus, but the capability of roaming
between bases etc......  I can see one caveat for users, is that when a
call is received not on your own property (where you know the reception
area and handoff areas) you shouldn't roam about during the call as you
could enter a no reception area.

Of course each system would have to be in parallel and be able to pass
the call to adjacent system....

Just some ideas to throw into the melting pot.....

Gary

.