[Asterisk-Users] iconnect and digest authentication.

Eric Doiron end1r at attbi.com
Sat May 24 17:25:20 MST 2003

Hello all,

I have a 7960 registered to asterisk. I am trying to use iconnect as my
sip provider. When I send an invite to delta-three, I get the normal
INVITE - 407 - INVITE exchange.

The problem is, asterisk is sending the second invite using the 'dialed
number' from the 7960 as the username, and not my 'username' configured
in sip.conf.

I believe that digest authentication can be end-to-end or proxy-to-proxy
and this is my problem??( maybe not)

I have tried to use the type=friend / peer , and other combinations of
directives, in sip.conf to no avail.

Looking at this list, it seems people are able to authenticate and use
the deltathree with asterisk.

Can someone please shed some light to what might be going on, or how to
specifiy the digest behavior to be proxy-to-proxy?

Thanks in advance,

-Eric