[Asterisk-Users] For the Australian Asterisk users

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sat May 24 23:32:11 MST 2003

Hi Shaun,

> I've also noticed that the same company mentioned sells "SIP and MGCP
> License for single 7960 IP phone" (Cisco product code SW-SM-UL-7960) for
> AU$288.29 incl. GST - are these licenses required for interfacing with
> Asterisk, or only when using the Cisco Callmanager?

They are several firmware images available for Cisco 7960. One of then is
SIP, but it can Be MGCP or Skinny.
I don't know if you can buy a phone with SIP image directly.. then you don't
have to pay more for another firmware. All I can say is that the quality of
the sound is brilliant on those phones, even with G.729 (maybe just a little
bit crispy).

The same aplies to ATA-186. They are two images: one with Skinny and MGCP
and the other one with H.323 and SIP.
Unfortunately (or not?) you cannot use one line with H.323 and one with
SIP..

BR,
Dan