[Asterisk-Users] For the Australian Asterisk users

Shaun Ewing shaun at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Sat May 24 22:57:48 MST 2003

I've noticed that a few people here are from Australia.

I'm wondering where you all get your hardware from. I'll probably order some
of the X100P cards from Digium soon (and possibly some FXO cards), but for
other things such as ATAs, etc.

However - these obviously aren't ACA compliant. Does anybody know of
compatible hardware (for POTS lines) that is ACA compliant?

The cheapest I've found some products are:
- Cisco ATA 186 - AU$370.34 from a company here in Sydney
- Cisco 7960G - $798.34 (excluding power supply and cord) from same company.

I've also noticed that the same company mentioned sells "SIP and MGCP
License for single 7960 IP phone" (Cisco product code SW-SM-UL-7960) for
AU$288.29 incl. GST - are these licenses required for interfacing with
Asterisk, or only when using the Cisco Callmanager?

I'm new to all this, so any advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Shaun