[Asterisk-Users] MGCP Transfer problems

Karl Putland karl at putland.linux-site.net
Sat May 24 09:42:18 MST 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-24 at 10:34, Jamie Carl wrote:
> I lied.  It was actually because I was using both ports on the DG102s to
> test this.  Seems like a bug in the DG102s.  So this is for those out
> there that have one.
>
> I called from a SIP client, to the MGCP extension, then transfered it to
> a Zaptel channel.  Works great.
>
> Calling from one MGCP extension to another on the same DG102s, screws
> the thing up and it requires a cold restart.

Ahhh  That's the kicker.  Same problem here.  The problem is that there
is not enough dsp resources in the device to handle more rtp connections
that there are ports.  So I've got the DG-104S and it supports a max of
4 rtp streams.  I consider this issue to be a bug with the dlink
firmware because it does not fail gracefully.  The device gets left in
an unstable state if it runs out of dsp resources.

--Karl

Karl Putland <karl at putland.linux-site.net>