[Asterisk-Users] H.323 support is distrubuted with Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] chan_oh323.so: Segmentation Fault)

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu May 22 09:11:50 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Michael Manousos wrote:
>

>> As a "thanks" to the authors of the *original* asterisk H.323 channel
>> driver, McNamara removed all the copyright notices from the source
>> files.
>>
>> Well done! Great job!
>>
>> Michael.
>>

> You need to verify your facts before spouting ABSOLUTE PURE GARBAGE:
>
> *
> * h323wrap.h
> *
> * OpenH323 Channel Driver for ASTERISK PBX.
> *            By Jeremy McNamara
> *                      For The NuFone Network
> *
> * This code has been derived from code created by
> *        Michael Manousos and Mark Spencer
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^  WTF IS THAT?

First of all, this is more than obvious, that
THIS IS NOT A COPYRIGHT NOTICE.

Your code is clearly derived from our copyrighted BUT free (GPL)
code. We don't have any objections regarding changing, improving
or even forking our code, but you should have maintained the
original copyright.

Furthermore, you cannot discourage people from using
asterisk-oh323 while promoting your derived and misappropriated
version, based only on the fact that yours is included
in the main Asterisk source tree.

> Then goto  http://asterisk.nufone.net/  and read that page, then go read
> the google cache for that page, so you cannot say I just changed it.
>

> Jeremy McNamara

Michael.