[Asterisk-Users] fxo cards

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Thu May 22 09:01:41 MST 2003

I actually agree with you Steven :-)

Over the last few months I having been doing heaps of research on
getting australian approvals for the x100p and the e400p.
Early in the my investigations it was obvious that the x100p could
never get australian approvals unless it was totally redesigned inboard
layout and the motorola chip was no longer in production, so an
alternative was required, that I found and then the task of actually
locating something ALREADY with Australian approvals whcih would do the
job.

Just be aware that from fresh Australian approvals would cost anywhere
from $10,000 plus board design etc...

Today by chance I found a key piece of information which with Digium's
assistance I just might be able to get aproval for the e400p, a bit
more research it going to be required though.

BUT, for an x100p equivalent, approximately one hour ago I think I
actually found what I was looking for. tomorrow I hope to confirm what
I found and actually buy a unit for testing. If it does work as
expected, I will resell it here in Australia ONLY, I have no intention
to compete with Digium as Asterisk development is very important to me
and a project I am embarking on so I need digium to survive and if
their hardware sales help them etc.... Its only due to legal reasons I
have even considered an alternative source for boards. I intend to put
the profit from any of these sales towards getting the other Digium
boards approved or bought up to the standard required for approval, as
I only need a relative small quantity myself, the advantages to the
australian asterisk users and digium is definately there.

For those Aussie's reading this, please DO NOT expect me to reply to
your questions on this yet, but you can indicate possible sales and
give me details for later....

Gary