[Asterisk-Users] fxo cards

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu May 22 08:57:54 MST 2003

Hi Steven,

> First the reason why voice modems won't get you whre you want to be has
> been covered many times in the archives for users like yourself.
What do you mean by "user like yourself"? Home users?

> Most of
> them that happen to have linux drivers are not cheap because they are
> have the DSP in hardware and these also only do half duplex audio.
This can be a good point... half-duplex... I'll check mine to see...

> Fine
> for an answering machine, but misses the mark fro PBX or VoIP fun.
You're right, if only half-duplex then is crap for VoIP.

> Reasons why the X100P should be bought. For the most part, it isn't much
> if any different from a higher end winmodem with the exception of it
> doesn't have windows drivers.
I really don't need windows drivers... I intend to use it ONLY with
Asterisk.

> It already has been tested, and works with
> linux. It has totally open source drivers that can be modified. It works
> with asterisk now and won't require you spending weeks making a proper
> channel driver.
This is really the most important !

> And most of all, consider it your first bribe to Mark to make a change
> to asterisk the way you want it to be. Without paying Mark, he does
> things on his own time schedule. So if you don't feel like you can
> contibute in any other way, this is a very good way to start. Pep rally
> over.
You're right!

I just wait to buy one ASAP.

Thanks,