[Asterisk-Users] fxo cards

Carlos Eduardo Cremon ecremon at uol.com.br
Thu May 22 08:40:47 MST 2003

Hi Dan,

In terms of hardware, a X100P card is just like a soft-modem, as you
observed.

In terms of software, the Zaptel core talks directly with X100P hardware and
this adds more funcionality to Asterisk (e.g. support for conferencing
because of timing issue) and has a native full-duplex voice implementation.

In terms of price, a simple voice modem card is cheaper than X100P but
basically has half-duplex-AT_Commands voice implementation, which does not
provide a real FXO implementation.

Regards,
-Eduardo