[Asterisk-Users] ISDN FXS for home use

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu May 22 00:15:39 MST 2003

At 20:34 21-5-2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Solutions I came up with:
>1.)
>ISDN-phonesystem with 2 external S0 -> first SO interfacing PSTN
>                                     -> second S0 interfaching *
>With this setup what can I use to interface *?

As long as Asterisk only has to provide TE side you can pretty much use any
Isdn4Linux supported card. IMHO CAPI is nicer, but also more costly.

>2.)
>A little box thats an FXO and FXS at the same time:
>ISDN-phonsystem -> FXO/FXS-box -> PSTN
>                                -> *
>The Vega 50 on www.vegastream.com seams to be able to do this but it is
>way to expensive for what I'm trying to achieve (saw prices round
>$2000).

Looks like a cool little box indeed. Too bad its so expensive, but its not
surprising..

>3.)
>Hopefully a better/cheaper solution one of you can come up with.
>Maybe using standard ISDN-Cards like AVM B1...

Have patience, you can use HFC ISDN cards to do NT mode, but they way to do
it still pretty much sucks right now. However, some work is being done as I
understand it. One problem you will have remaining is support. I don't
think it will be entirely trivial to make asterisk failover by bridging
incoming to outgoing lines (esp. with ISDN) right now.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Florian Overkamp
ObSimRef BV (http://www.obsimref.com/)