[Asterisk-Users] gnophone conf question

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed May 21 20:46:37 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 22:29, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I hope this isn't something newbiesque and Steve will denigrate me. . .
>
> I just built gnophone, and I'm having trouble figuring out just how to
> sync the "Telephony Preferences" in gnophone and iax.conf on my asterisk
> server.
>
> I am heading on a trip and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be behind a NAT
> gateway, and my asterisk server is *separately* behind a NAT gateway.
>
> I got gnophone to work, but only when I hardcoded the "host" parameter
> in iax.conf.  That won't work on the trip, which of course following
> Murphy's Law begins tomorrow.
>
> Any enlightment that might be shared would be humbly appreciated.

newbie questions aren't the problem. It is questions that are either
documented or covered and easily found in the archives.

As for your question, does your gnophone register, or are you getting
calls through via "brute force" by pointing asterisk at it's IP?
[myuser]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=myuser
secret=blah
context=internal
auth=md5,plaintext

This is the config from my pbx with user and password changed. I have no
problem connecting through my nat at home to my system at work.
hopefully you just modify to meet your user and password settings.

As for passing through 2 nats, have you already port forwarded iax
through your nat to you asterisk machine?

Steven