[Asterisk-Users] Error with WCFXO and WCFXS

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Mon May 19 20:45:21 MST 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:19:38AM -0400, tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:
> asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote on 05/19/2003 06:16:15 PM:
> > On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 03:03:05AM -0400, tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Continuing with my saga to get the X101P and TDM400P working...
> > >
> > > I have Asterisk up and running configured exactly as at this link:
> > >         http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq#Configuration_0
> >
> > But you don't have the S100U. :-)
>
> Martin at Digium seemed to think that the configuration was the same
> between the two.  The only difference is the module that gets loaded
> (wcfxs instead of wcfxo).

It probably is then.  That was just my first guess.  I've only been
playing with asterisk for a week now.  Love it.

And now that I have NetBSD's pkgsrc installed, maybe I can live with
Redhat.  In the past couple of weeks, I've grown to loathe RPMs.
FreeBSD has spoiled me by having all the third party applications in one
place where it's easy to find.

 pkg_add -r or cd /usr/ports/blah/blah; make install

> > I don't know what difference that would make but my TDM Devkit Lite
> > worked after installing the files from unlabeled floppy that came in
> > the box with the devkit.  I had initially thought is just contained
> > the source trees.  I already had them so I ignored the disk.  Silly
> > me.
>
> I ignored the floppy, just like you.  I figured what was on it was
> already in CVS... ;)
>
> > That and installing the zapata CVS stuff; which I had understood
> > from reading the mailing lists was no longer required.  Apparently,
> > I mis-read something.  The asterisk.org download page omits the
> > zapata CVS in it's instructions.
>
> Wipeout's instructions still have it...

The instructions I found predated the mailing list messages I was working
from so I figured the mailing list would be closer to right.

> The problem is not that the channel doesn't exist: it does.  Asterisk
> even thinks it's dialing it.  It also thinks it's busy later...

In that case, I noticed that when I first installed the hardware, the
led seemed to come on on one of the ports.  I plugged the phone into
that port.  I sat down and figured out how to load the drivers and
startup asterisk.

With asterisk running I had no juice (electricity) to the phone.  (You
can tell when the phone is powered even when there is no dial-tone.)
When I pulled the machine out, the port that was lighted was at the
far end of the card from the phone line.

Maybe I just plugged the phone into the wrong port originally.  Maybe
it was a figment of my imagination.  The machine is in an inconvenient
location.  Small apartment.

lambert at lambertfam.org