[Asterisk-Users] Error with WCFXO and WCFXS

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Mon May 19 05:19:38 MST 2003

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote on 05/19/2003 06:16:15 PM:

> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 03:03:05AM -0400, tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:
> >
> > Continuing with my saga to get the X101P and TDM400P working...
> >
> > I have Asterisk up and running configured exactly as at this link:
> >
> >         http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq#Configuration_0
>
> But you don't have the S100U. :-)

Martin at Digium seemed to think that the configuration was the same
between the two.  The only difference is the module that gets loaded
(wcfxs instead of wcfxo).

> I don't know what difference that would make but my TDM Devkit Lite
> worked after installing the files from unlabelled floppy that came in
> the box with the devkit.  I had initially thought is just contained the
> source trees.  I already had them so I ignored the disk.  Silly me.

I ignored the floppy, just like you.  I figured what was on it was already
in CVS...  ;)

> That and installing the zapata CVS stuff; which I had understood from
> reading the mailing lists was no longer required.  Apparantly, I
> mis-read something.  The asterisk.org download page omits the zapata CVS
> in it's instructions.

Wipeout's instructions still have it...

> Start the asterisk console and see what zap show channels
>
> asterisk*CLI> zap show channels
> Chan. Num. Extension  Context    Language   MusicOnH
>   1            bell
>   2            home
>
> If you don't have both, then asterisk isn't seeing one, or more, of your
> zapata devices.

The problem is not that the channel doesn't exist:  it does.  Asterisk
even thinks it's dialing it.  It also thinks it's busy later...

I'll check out the floppy.

Thank you very much for the response.  I'm the Philistine who used an old
message to reply to to start his thread, and I was beginning to think that
everyone was punishing me for my stupidity by not replying...  :)

Tim Masssey