[Asterisk-Users] Error with WCFXO and WCFXS

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Mon May 19 00:03:05 MST 2003

Continuing with my saga to get the X101P and TDM400P working...

I have Asterisk up and running configured exactly as at this link:

        http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq#Configuration_0

When I call from my cell phone the first time, it rings for the requisite
time and then transfers to voice mail.  The internal extension does *not*
ring.  I've tried several different phone cords (one with an RJ-45 end)
with two different working phones.  During the first call, I get basically
the following on the Asterisk console:

        Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)...

I then hang up (before the voicemail picks up, which it will do
correctly), and get:

        == Spawn extension (incoming, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'

So far, so good, right?  Now, when I call a second time, I get:

        Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)...
        Unable to ring phone:  Device or resource busy
                Parsing '/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf' : Found

And I hear a recording telling me that the extension is busy.

Like I said, I've tried this with different phones and different cords.
Interestingly, it does this *without* a cord plugged into the TDM400P!

Is this a configuration problem?  Or do I have a problem with my TDM
board?

Thanks,

Tim Massey