[Asterisk-Users] Error with WCFXO and WCFXS

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Sun May 18 20:51:19 MST 2003

Hello!

I have had a problem getting the TDM400P and X101P working together.  I
followed Wipeout's handbook (I'm running RH9) and the Asterisk FAQ and I
got the X101P working.  However, adding the TDM400P just would not work.

When I added the board and adjusted the zaptel.conf to match the
X101P/S100U configuration FAQ, I got the following error:

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Invalid argument (22)

The problem was that wcfxs was getting loaded before wcfxo, so I had to
reverse the channel numbers in zaptel.conf.  That got the first channel
configured, but not the second:  I got a very similar error:

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: Invalid argument (22)

I tried everything I could think of to no avail.  At that point, I called
Digium and spoke to Martin.  His suggestion was to reverse the loading of
the modules in /etc/init.d/zaptel .  I did this, restored the zaptel.conf
channel numbering to match the FAQ and rebooted.  Interestingly enough, no
problems.

He said he's going to change the default in the zaptel script to load
wcfxo, then wcfxs.  This seems to work:  at least Asterisk is now loading
with both boards showing up as configured in ztcfg/zttool.  However, it
certainly seems to me that it's treating the symptom, not the problem.

Either way, it works here.  I just wanted this to be in the archives for
the next poor soul who has a similar problem.

Tim Massey