[Asterisk-Users] little ADSI problem

Joe Antkowiak joe at jsci.net
Sat May 17 23:54:20 MST 2003

I bought an Aastra PT480 from digium, but I wanted to see if I could get
some more help with this before Monday.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have the phone connected to the TDM400P card, and I also have the T100P
and the X100P in the same box.

My problem is, it appears as if the phone and asterisk can't understand each
other.  The port the phone is connected to always remains off-hook (I hear
this is standard for adsi?).   The dtmf signals sent to the phone don't ever
even break the dialtone coming from asterisk, so I can't dial any
extensions.  I did then set up the channel to immediate=yes, and set a
default extension that waits 3 seconds and tries the ADSIProg application,
which from using -vvvvvvvv, it says it returned with a -1, and attempts to
hangup the channel, but the phone only receives a fast busy signal.  I have
also tried this with the GetCPEID application, and that also is returned
with a -1.  Digium said I should try doing that with the voicemailman
application, and I did so, and it did not change anything.

The channel does have adsi=yes and rx and txgain set to 0.0.  I tried
koolstart, loopstart, and groundstart.  Kool and loop both did the above,
and groundstart, I couldn't get the line to be off-hook.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is the top of asterisk.adsi:

DESCRIPTION "Asterisk PBX"              ; Name of vendor

VERSION 0x02                            ; Version of stuff

SECURITY "_AST"                         ; Security code

;SECURITY 0x0000                                ; Security code

FDN 0x0000000f                          ; Descriptor number

This is the part of Zapata.conf that is applicable:

;FXS channels via 4 port FXO card

usecallerid=yes

hidecallerid=no

callwaiting=yes