[Asterisk-Users] little ADSI problem

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Sun May 18 20:19:15 MST 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 02:54:20AM -0400, Joe Antkowiak wrote:
> I bought an Aastra PT480 from digium, but I wanted to see if I could get
> some more help with this before Monday.  Any help would be appreciated.
Well, it's almost Monday here but I'll see if I can help.

> I have the phone connected to the TDM400P card, and I also have the T100P
> and the X100P in the same box.
That sounds about right.

> My problem is, it appears as if the phone and asterisk can't understand each
> other.  The port the phone is connected to always remains off-hook (I hear
> this is standard for adsi?).
No.  The phone should be onhook unless it's pioked up.  I think this may
be an indication that your signalling is not set up correctly.

> The dtmf signals sent to the phone don't ever
> even break the dialtone coming from asterisk, so I can't dial any
> extensions.  I did then set up the channel to immediate=yes, and set a
> default extension that waits 3 seconds and tries the ADSIProg application,
> which from using -vvvvvvvv, it says it returned with a -1, and attempts to
> hangup the channel, but the phone only receives a fast busy signal.  I have
> also tried this with the GetCPEID application, and that also is returned
> with a -1.  Digium said I should try doing that with the voicemailman
> application, and I did so, and it did not change anything.
This does not sound at all normal.  You definitely shouldn't need
immediate=yes.

> The channel does have adsi=yes and rx and txgain set to 0.0.  I tried
> koolstart, loopstart, and groundstart.  Kool and loop both did the above,
> and groundstart, I couldn't get the line to be off-hook.
Are you trying fxs or fxo?  I think your zapata.conf should be using
something like fxo (even though they're fxs lines, you're signalling to
fxo devices).  Is that right?  Somebody may pipe in here because this
last bit has always confused me.

> Anyone have any ideas?
See about, good luck.

> SECURITY "_AST"                         ; Security code
> FDN 0x0000000f                          ; Descriptor number
These two values may be problematic for you.  Yhey are specific to the
type (not just he model number, but actually what region/vendor they
were intended for).  You may not be able to get the number for yours,
although I can set you up with the right ones.  Now, right now, it
sounds like your phones and your card aren't talking--but when they are,
this will be your next big problem.

> This is the part of Zapata.conf that is applicable:
> signalling=fxo_ls
This looks right.

> channel => 2-5
This would be right only if the X100P is being detected first, then the
TDM400P and then the T100P.  MAKE SURE THIS IS THE CASE!  Otherwise, you
may be signalling the wrong channel.  If you haven't used it, zttool
might give some hint here.  Otherwise, I'm not really sure how to tell
(ztcfg, anyone?).

Jayson