[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - Connction to analog PBX?

Emanuele Pucciarelli ep at acm.org
Wed May 14 12:12:46 MST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:46:16AM -0700, Jim Paraschou wrote:
> I have an isdn bri and i bring it into asterisk with
> an avm fritz card. Now i want to connect to the PBX in
> order to utilize its extensions, instead of buying a
> channel bank or an fxs card. Do yo think i can do it?

If it's enough for you to connect Asterisk to just one PBX extension at
a time, then you can buy a FXO card and connect it to your PBX like any
other analog extension (that is, like any other phone).

Then, Asterisk will see any PBX extension, and all of them will see
Asterisk as an PBX extension.  But you will not be able to dial Asterisk
from more than one extension at any single time.

--
E.