[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun May 11 11:44:05 MST 2003

> - When the "s"-option is passed to the Voicemail2-app, it not only
> doesn't play the recording help-message, but also doesn't play the
> beep.  I suggest to alway play the beep, or add an extra option
> to toggle it independently.  On a side-note, the description of
> "Voicemail2" still suggests that you can't use the "s" together with
> other options, which I'm happy to see is no longer the case there.

Okay, fixed to always play beep.

> - When exitting VoicemailMain2, the "goodbye"-prompt is not played.
> I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

Fixed.  It was intentional but I couldn't remember why so i restored the
original behavior.

> - It would be nice to have an option during / after playback of a message
> to hear the "envelope" of the message.  This should include the time and
> date it was received, the caller-ID of the sender, if available, etc.

Someone has agreed to fund that development so hopefully we'll get that
soon.

> - Maybe build in an option to allow voicemail-users to send messages
> to eachother, from VoicemailMain2?

In order to support this feature *and* the "jump to a specific message"
we would have to create a menu on the 3 key presumably.

> - It would be really helpful to be able to configure the permissions
> (mode and maybe user / group as well) of anything created in the
> voicemail spool-directory, if possible on a per-mailbox basis.  In the
> current situation, you almost don't get around running "vmail.cgi" as
> root, patching "app_voicemail.c" to change the permissions or running
> a cron-job to chmod / chown the files regularly.  I think many people
> here would love to see such an option, as I've seen the permission-
> problem mentioned here frequently.

I think it can be done with setuid and setgid directories.

> - The current VoicemailMain2 allows unlimited failed login-attempts to a
> mailbox.  I suggest adding a configurable limit.

Okay, implemented.  It's called "maxlogins" (see updated
configs/voicemail.conf.sample)

Mark