[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Sun May 11 12:17:49 MST 2003

Hey Mark,

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 13:44:05 -0500, Mark Spencer wrote:

[...]

> > - Maybe build in an option to allow voicemail-users to send messages
> > to eachother, from VoicemailMain2?
>
> In order to support this feature *and* the "jump to a specific message"
> we would have to create a menu on the 3 key presumably.

Would be a good idea to use that 1 free key that is left for an extra menu,
yes.  :-)

> > - It would be really helpful to be able to configure the permissions
> > (mode and maybe user / group as well) of anything created in the
> > voicemail spool-directory, if possible on a per-mailbox basis.  In the
> > current situation, you almost don't get around running "vmail.cgi" as
> > root, patching "app_voicemail.c" to change the permissions or running
> > a cron-job to chmod / chown the files regularly.  I think many people
> > here would love to see such an option, as I've seen the permission-
> > problem mentioned here frequently.
>
> I think it can be done with setuid and setgid directories.

I tried this.  The problem is that all files are created with mode "600"
and this trick of using "s"-bits on directories only works for the group
of the created files, not for the owner, so they still can't be read or
modified by anyone but the user running Asterisk, which is almost always root.
The files and directories would need to be created with R/W for
the group to make this trick work.

> > - The current VoicemailMain2 allows unlimited failed login-attempts to a
> > mailbox.  I suggest adding a configurable limit.
>
> Okay, implemented.  It's called "maxlogins" (see updated
> configs/voicemail.conf.sample)

Thanks for your help so far!

   Grtz,

      Oliver