[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail2

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Sun May 11 02:39:17 MST 2003

Hey Mark,

Great work!  Here are some suggestions and differences I noticed:

- When the "s"-option is passed to the Voicemail2-app, it not only
doesn't play the recording help-message, but also doesn't play the
beep.  I suggest to alway play the beep, or add an extra option
to toggle it independently.  On a side-note, the description of
"Voicemail2" still suggests that you can't use the "s" together with
other options, which I'm happy to see is no longer the case there.

- When exitting VoicemailMain2, the "goodbye"-prompt is not played.
I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

- It would be nice to have an option during / after playback of a message
to hear the "envelope" of the message.  This should include the time and
date it was received, the caller-ID of the sender, if available, etc.

- Maybe build in an option to allow voicemail-users to send messages
to eachother, from VoicemailMain2?

- It would be really helpful to be able to configure the permissions
(mode and maybe user / group as well) of anything created in the
voicemail spool-directory, if possible on a per-mailbox basis.  In the
current situation, you almost don't get around running "vmail.cgi" as
root, patching "app_voicemail.c" to change the permissions or running
a cron-job to chmod / chown the files regularly.  I think many people
here would love to see such an option, as I've seen the permission-
problem mentioned here frequently.

- The current VoicemailMain2 allows unlimited failed login-attempts to a
mailbox.  I suggest adding a configurable limit.

That's it for now.

     Grtz,

        Oliver