[Asterisk-Users] SIP Confusion

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri May 9 11:27:01 MST 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Derek Beaumont wrote:

> Ok.  I am confused.  I now have conflicting answers to my question:
> Do you need to use a special phone to use SIP?  My setup is
> X100P and TDM10B.
>
> I would like to connect to iConnectHere, which uses SIP.  Has anybody
> done this before (using similar equipment to what I have listed above)?
>
> And if it is not possible, could somebody please explain why.  I don't
> understand
> why this wouldn't work.

You want Asterisk to be a client of iConnectHere?

Yes - that's easily possible.

Put a "peer" entry in your sip.conf
Probably, put a "register =>" for the peer in your sip.conf
Add Dial(SIP/...) entries in your extensions.conf

For example:

sip.conf

[iconnecthere]
type=peer
host=sipauth.deltathree.com
username=youruserid
secret=yourpword

If you have incoming number you'll also need a "register".

In extensions.conf you now Dial(SIP/number at iconnecthere)

Regards,
Steve