[Asterisk-Users] Ha, just found a way around australia approvals......

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri May 9 08:52:43 MST 2003

Hi,

This may be true, but be very careful. In some countries such indirectly
connected unapproved equipment is OK. In other places it is not. It can
be quite hard, sometimes, to get a straight answer about what is
allowed. When I lived in the UK many people said similar things were OK,
but they were not (I think they maybe OK now, but not back then). The
rules clearly stated that "equipment connect directly or indirectly" to
the PSTN needed approval. The back of a switch is definitely an indirect
connection.

Just make sure a genuine expert (rather than a poser :-) ) gave you the
information.

Regards,
Steve