[Asterisk-Users] A winphone without the phone ??

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Tue May 6 04:42:36 MST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003 09:48:38 +0200, Tjardick van der Kraan wrote:

>I think this would be a great little app.

So do I.

>What about a little tray tool for example, that on incomming call,
>put's the variables of that call into an http URL.
>
>So that if i get a call from 1234, it could open a browser window and
>call http://www.myserver.com/myscript.php?caller_id=1234

this would be better is it showed the information available, such as
caller-id and CALLED NUMBER.

We have numerous extensions which ring the same phones, just with
different rings to tell the CALLED-NUMBER apart, unfortunately the
number of rings is limited and really not defined enough.

CDR unfortunately only rights after the events.

I wonder if the messages or debug log could be parsed ??

Once the appropriate information is actually available you can do what
you like with it, looking up a reverse phone book, customer list or
what ever, and putting same into a database.

use php to read the the appropriate info from the databse and refresh
every few seconds etc... with a separate web page for each "called
number" or "extension" etc..

heaps of things you can do, but where the heck can we get the
information easily and quickly....

Mayeb this does mean an AGI to parse the information maybe via a macro
etc... ??

I dont know the answers, which I why I asked this group ;-)