[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_h323 inclusion in Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Linux distro fixation?)

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Mon Mar 31 02:06:12 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:
>>as I understand it there are 2 h323 modules in the works (as well as others
>>for unrelated stuff.) It would be better for everyone if these were all in
>>one place (main cvs repository). The default modules.conf could simply be
>>not to load them, and notes should be provided as to their current status,
>>but I have to agree it is a lot simpler to 1) get an overview of what is
>>available and being worked on, and 2) to get the latest of everything all
>>in one shot, instead of having to first recall something being mentioned
>>you are now interested in, and then having to dig around to figure out
>>where to get it.
>

> Only a disclaimed driver can go into Asterisk CVS.  Jeremy has completed
> the disclaimer, but I have not yet received one from Michael Mansous, so

We are not thinking about disclaiming the driver at this
particular time, but the code will always be available from
our site.

Since there are many users that want to use or already
use H.323 for Asterisk, it would be nice to exist some
link on the main (new) Asterisk site. Like a section with
add-ons and the like. This will make things easier.

Michael Manousos.