[Asterisk-Users] Re: chan_h323 inclusion in Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Linux distro fixation?)

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu Mar 27 16:26:56 MST 2003

> as I understand it there are 2 h323 modules in the works (as well as others
> for unrelated stuff.) It would be better for everyone if these were all in
> one place (main cvs repository). The default modules.conf could simply be
> not to load them, and notes should be provided as to their current status,
> but I have to agree it is a lot simpler to 1) get an overview of what is
> available and being worked on, and 2) to get the latest of everything all
> in one shot, instead of having to first recall something being mentioned
> you are now interested in, and then having to dig around to figure out
> where to get it.

Only a disclaimed driver can go into Asterisk CVS.  Jeremy has completed
the disclaimer, but I have not yet received one from Michael Mansous, so
at this point, only chan_h323 is in a position to be merged from a
licensing perspective.  I haven't merged it until Jeremy says he's ready
for me to merge it.

Mark