XML + Asterisk (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] PHP Gui for Asterisk (AGI questions))

William Walsh william at wxw.org
Tue Mar 18 12:08:39 MST 2003

One of the creators of the XML standard, a programmer himself, has said
that he is unsatisfied with xml from a programmers point of view
himself.

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/03/16/XML-Prog

He makes good points, ones that I fully concur with.

Unless there is a real need for asterisk config files to be imported
into other apps, and the current format would make that overly
difficult, I would see little reason for pushing for a move to use XML.

There are times when XML makes sense, I don't see this as one of them.

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz