[Asterisk-Users] PHP Gui for Asterisk (AGI questions)

Jeremy McNamara jj at indie.org
Tue Mar 18 08:29:27 MST 2003

What I would like to see would be a configurable option the admin could
enable a SOAP client in Asterisk that would make calls to a SOAP server
requesting the various pieces of information he needs.  The SOAP server
would have the DB connection(s) (or other back ends) to store persistent
data.  This way one could have a SOAP server just for users and another
SOAP server for extensions and yet another for Call Accounting  (Rating
and CDRs)

Also, one would never actually need to look at the SOAP output (XML) or
hand create any actual SOAP files.  SOAP is just the protocol, how we
interact with it is just an object.

Here is a perl example of a SOAP client:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use SOAP::Lite;
my $s = SOAP::Lite
       -> uri('urn:xmethods-Temperature')
       -> proxy('http://services.xmethods.net:80/soap/servlet/rpcrouter')
       ;

$ZipCode = $ARGV[0] or die "Usage: $0 zipcode\n";
print "The temperature in Zip Code $ZipCode is " . $s
       -> getTemp(SOAP::Data->name('zipcode')->type(string => $ZipCode))
       -> result;  . "F\n";

[root at r4bb root]# ./wx.pl 49332
The temperature in Zip Code 49332 is 43F

Just thinking out loud,

Jeremy McNamara