[Asterisk-Users] PHP Gui for Asterisk (AGI questions)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Mar 17 15:51:19 MST 2003

On Monday 17 March 2003 04:22 pm, Chris Albertson wrote:
> I think the way to go with conf. file for Asterisk is XML.

-snip-

There was a long thread about XML as a config file about six months
ago (search the archives).  I believe the long and short of it was
that Mark vetoed it for various reasons, not the least of which was
code bloat.  If you want to write and maintain it yourself, there's
probably a few others on the list who will be happy to have that
option; however, I doubt it'll go into the code base anytime soon.

-Tilghman

--
  "People disagree with me.  I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds,
  on using C++ in the Linux kernel.