[Asterisk-Users] Basic help

asterisk asterisk at ozconnect.net
Mon Mar 10 22:14:12 MST 2003

I've read the FAQ and I've printed out the handbook and read it thru but I can't get hold of a basic concept.

How do I connect extensions to the system.

Eg I have 2 analogue telco line I gather I need 2 analgue board to handle them and bring calls into my system.

Question 1. Can I use normal analogue handsets if so do they also go into similar analogue boards ?

Question 2. Can I use sound cards & head sets in LAN connected PC?

Question 3. My only previous telephony experience has been with Dialogix boards. Can they be used with Asterisk ?

I know I should have been able to deduce the answers from the documentation but I couldn't. Any help gratefully received.