REPOST: [Asterisk-Users] red alarm on wildcard

duncan duncan at impede.net
Mon Mar 10 21:45:23 MST 2003

im posting this again because i didnt get a reply to it earlier and i think
its a fairly major problem.

>Red Alarm on an X100P means that it does not detect a phone line connected
>to the device.  I would double check your cabling.  The loadzone only has
>to do with the sound of dialtone, etc, and i wouldn't mess with it until
>you have the basic functionality working.

ok now i when i plug the phoneline into the "phone" socket of the X100P
there are no alarms, but when i dial the phone line its connected to i get
"number busy" (from my phone) and when i reboot the machine it kernel
panics (scroll lock and caps lock flashing).  i havent installed anything
else, except a default "everything" redhat 7.2 and webmin.

so i decided to unload all the modules[0] before i reboot - and i get this
message "rmmod: module wcfxo is not loaded" and then rebooting doesnt cause
a kernel panic.  after i do this and reboot the machine i get a red alarm
on the X100P card again, even thought the line is still connected to the
"phone" socket of the card.  any ideas?  is there any way i can get these
modules to autounload before a reboot, the kernel panic problem was the
reason i did a machine rebuild in the first place (didnt think through the
problem hard enough that time).

duncan

[0]
/sbin/rmmod audio