[Asterisk-Users] ATA186 (was Windows XP client?)

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Sat Mar 8 15:12:53 MST 2003

I would prefer to be able to use actual phones.  I read the earlier thread
on the ATA186 device but was confused...  Cisco's web site says:

The Cisco ATA 186 is installed at the subscriber`s premises and supports
two voice ports, each with its own independent phone number.

But there seemed to be something about the licensing that prohibited the
use of the second port?

Also, is this device completely compatible with Asterisk? Could I use it to
have two separate extensions?  Will it display caller ID on an analog
phones display?  There seemed to be some drawbacks.

--On Saturday, March 08, 2003 1:02 PM -0800 William X Walsh