[Asterisk-Users] Windows XP client?

William X Walsh william at wxw.org
Sat Mar 8 14:02:02 MST 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 12:22, Jim Archer wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a client / phone that runs on Windows XP, with either
> a sound card or some other hardware?  Ideally free, but does not have to be.

A softphone...there are many, MSN Messenger 4.7 is the only completely
free one I know of.

There are other softphones though:
http://www.sjlabs.com/
http://www.estara.com/

But for the price....not sure if they are worth it, when you can pick up
a hardware device like an ATA186 for $150 and use a regular phone.

Search for ATA186 on ecost.com.

I've been using SJPhone, and also tested estara softphone, and I am not
at all impressed with them.  estara wouldn't be bad, but it lacks the
ability to select a sound device other than the system default one, and
that rules it out for my purposes.

There are many other sip softphones out there, but they tend to be even
more pricey.....

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz