[Asterisk-Users] H323 on and on

Krzysztof Bujak kbujak at itform.pl
Sat Mar 8 08:06:31 MST 2003

Hi all Asterisk Gurus.

I am really badly in need of help. Asterisk is very lovely software, but has one big disadvantage..
lack of documentation.But let's get to the point.

1. Is it normal that I get such a crappy quality with iax, some drops and clicks?
Could anyone with some similar setup check my quality and say if this is
what the people are so excited about? ( I used to work as a speech quality expert for nokia
and what I get out of asterisk is far away from the limits I would let to go out to customers:-( )

2.
Is there anyone who has some HOWTO for setting up h323 with asterisk?
I tried asterisk open h323 but it seg faults:-(((((
And my boss is pushing to bring him some results of my investigation...
Could anyone help me with that?

3
Another question is what codecs can I use, while using h323 with asterisk?
Somewhere it passed through my eyes that there is only g711 available, which
seems to me as a joke. Anyone?

Thanks in advance for helpful information.

Bestest regards,
Krzysztof Bujak