[Asterisk-Users] H323 on and on

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Sat Mar 8 07:57:16 MST 2003

Hello!

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 10:06, Krzysztof Bujak wrote:
> Hi all Asterisk Gurus.
>
> I am really badly in need of help. Asterisk is very lovely software, but has one big disadvantage..
> lack of documentation.But let's get to the point.
>
> 1. Is it normal that I get such a crappy quality with iax, some drops and clicks?
> Could anyone with some similar setup check my quality and say if this is
> what the people are so excited about? ( I used to work as a speech quality expert for nokia
> and what I get out of asterisk is far away from the limits I would let to go out to customers:-( )

First and foremost, do you have QOS setup on your network and router?
QOS == Quality of Service, the ability to allow certain data packets to
be sent quicker through the TCP/IP stack.  This is essential to
maintaining continuous data flow as any interruptions in that dataflow
will cause "drops and clicks".

--
Ron Gage - Saginaw, Michigan
I am looking for work - resume at http://www.rongage.org/resume.doc