[Asterisk-Users] help with linejack card

Gregg Lebovitz gregg at lebovitz.net
Sat Mar 8 07:10:06 MST 2003

Hi,

I am going to try this question once again. Does the lack of response imply
that everyone has abandoned LineJack cards for use with Asterisk?

I am trying to get a prototype working based on Asterisk and Quicknet
cards. I currently have to systems set up each with a LineJack card. I
have the systems working, but can't get the voicemail demo to work
properly. Messages to the user telephone set from the voicemail system
are clear, but recordings left through the phone are distorted. Sounds
like the audio has lots of echo and sampling error type distortion.

I know this must be covered in the archives, but I can't find a
reference.

I am using the Asterisk demo configurations. configuration is as
follows:

;
; Linux Telephony Interface
;
; Configuration file
;
[interfaces]

;mode=immediate
;mode=fxo
mode=dialtone

;format=g723.1
;format=slinear
format=ulaw

silencesupression=no
;
; List all devices we can use.  Contexts may also be specified
;
context=local
context=default

;