[Asterisk-Users] X100P question about odd behavior

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Thu Mar 6 23:26:49 MST 2003

--On Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:32 PM -0600 Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:

> Don't connect two lines together via the pass-through port?

My mistake, the plug is an ordinary phone plug (RJ-11 or RJ-12 - I am
terrible with numbers) and not a RJ-45.  Both line 1 and line 2, each a
POTS line, are both on that wire, so I can plug it into my 2 line analog
phone.  I have plugged nothing into the pass through port (which is labeled
phone).

When I plug this into the X100P it seems to dial out on both. So it seems
to be shorting the lines together.

Jim