[Asterisk-Users] X100P question about odd behavior

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.com.pk
Thu Mar 6 23:44:44 MST 2003

Jim:

An RJ-11 has 4 pins and is the most commonly used POTS physical interface

	1 2 3 4

A standard one line POTS will be on pins 2&3, and if you have a dual line
wire, then the other line is mapped to 1&4? If both your lines are on 2&3,
then X100P will dial out on both lines.

Do you have a RJ-11 breakout box handy?  If so, you should be able to
isolate where the lines are getting shorted.

--
Mirza Wasim Baig | Principal Consultant | Convergence Business Systems
VOX: +92(51)282-0628 x7400 | FAX: +92(51)282-0621 | IAX: (700)282-0628