[Asterisk-Users] .gsm files

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Sun Jun 15 07:34:53 MST 2003

Hi guys,
Being a true Linux geek, I've never been too much into sounds or sound
files other than a few .mp3 songs I got.  My question is pretty
straightforward and simple.  I see that the music format of choice for
asterisk is .gsm.  What can I use to listen to files in .gsm format and
what is the most effective way of recording files into .gsm format?

The last part of the question is pretty simple as well.  I have a
soundblaster live pci 16.  Is this pretty sufficient for asterisk?
Thanks in advance.
AJ