[Asterisk-Users] Intercom/autoanswer, SIP, Cisco

Steve Bourg ml_asteriskusers at integrity.bourg.net
Sat Jun 14 08:25:20 MST 2003

A friend pointed out this url
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/clmn32.htm where it lists
intercom/auto-answer as being a feature in Cisco Call Manager (which as I
understand it, uses SIP predominately for handsets).  I've come
across comment somewhere that intercom isn't supported in the SIP spec.
Does anyone know if the apparent capability of Intercom being available in
SIP Cisco handsets has been exploited by Asterisk?

I ran across an April thread that debated the availability of such feature
but it died out with no absolute conclusion.

Thanks,

Steve Bourg