[Asterisk-Users] Intercom/autoanswer, SIP, Cisco

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat Jun 14 13:17:39 MST 2003

The answer is "No", categorically, nor is their documentation correct
in saying that there is a web server running on SIP phone software
(it's only on CCM images.)

.
.
.

However...

A bad hack would be to use "expect" and "telnet" to open a connection
to the 7960, and activate it's testing mode.  With the testing mode,
you can "press" keys on the keypad as if you were standing in front
of the phone.  I have dialed phones remotely this way.  This is bad,
wrong, ugly, and insecure.  It also doesn't take into account if the
user is on the phone already.

I have sent a note into Cisco (through various channels - I have no
idea what the "right" way is) to add such a feature.  There are some
documents on an RFC track that address the point, but it does not
currently exist in any Cisco SIP software that I am aware of.

JT