[Asterisk-Users] strace shows that files are not accessed

Moshe Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Fri Jun 13 16:09:41 MST 2003

strace on file access in asterisk shows that * is not even attempting to
access the voice files.

If I *manually* load app_playback.so, app_macro.so, and then
pbx_config.so, I they will load and I get a dialplan. Ok, that's a
problem -- autoconf is clearly not working, or there's some other
related issue.

So I try to use the demo and do "dial 500". This should connect and play
the demo's intro file. I've gotten this to work in the past.

Instead I get the following warnings:

> WARNING[180236]: File file.c, Line 418 (ast_openstream): File demo-abouttotry does not exist in any format
> WARNING[180236]: File file.c, Line 561 (ast_streamfile): Unable to open demo-abouttotry (format 64): Success
> WARNING[180236]: File app_playback.c, Line 83 (playback_exec): ast_streamfile failed on OSS/dsp for demo-abouttotry
> WARNING[180236]: File pbx.c, Line 1133 (pbx_extension_helper): No application 'Dial' for extension (local, 500, 2)

Now the file demo-abouttotry is save in the sounds directory.
Furthermore, the output of strace, which faithfully recorded every other
file access, shows that the system does not even attempt to open the
demo-abouttotry file.

Comments? I can't determine if non-module file access is hosed, if
autoload is hosed, or if there's some other problem.

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky * http://www.Disaggregate.com